On the Campaigns Tab, you will notice the Abandon Rate followed by a percentage for each campaign.
This number is calculated from the first call made from the campaign, to the present day.
That means that what you are looking at as your Abandon Rate percentage, may not be an accurate calculation.
Please Note: If you are using this percentage daily, then you will need to click on the Reset link everyday, before your agents begin making calls. This will give you a more accurate reading.
The Abandon Rate is based on calls that the dialer has had to hang up on, before sending the call to an agent.
There are a few ways for the dialer to consider a call abandoned.
1) The dialer reaches more live leads then there are agents available.
Once the Wait for Agent time determined within the campaign settings, has been reached, the dialer is required by law, to play your Abandon Message to the live lead, and then disconnect the call. Since the call was never transferred to an agent, it is considered abandoned.
2) If you have Use AMD checked in the campaign, the dialer will then hang up on calls that reach an answering machine. This happens because the dialer considers the call hung up on before it could be transferred to an agent.
3) If you have prospects calling into the campaign, using an inbound number associated with that campaign, and none of your agents are available, the dialer is required by law, to play your Abandon Message to the live lead, and then disconnect the call. Since the call was never transferred to an agent, it is considered abandoned.
How to Resolve
1) You want to make sure that your dial rate override is not set too high for the amount of agents that you have using the campaign. Lowering your call ratio will prevent more leads from being hung up on. It is recommended to dial no more than 2 lines at a time per agent, if you have less than 5 agents logged into the campaign.
2) You can set the dialer to call in Predictive Mode. This allows the dialer to manage how many lines to dial out. It takes into consideration how many agents you have logged in at anytime, how long it takes leads to answer and how long each call is lasting and more.
3) You can un-check the Use AMD box in the campaigns settings. Since any call that is answered and not transferred to an agent is considered an abandoned call. It is recommended that you and your agents upload a pre-recorded message to play to answering machines when they are transferred to them. Using this, once your agents determine that an answering machine has been sent to them, they can then tell the dialer to leave the pre-recorded message on the answering machine for them.